POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inconsistency in text output with animations : Re: Inconsistency in text output with animations Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inconsistency in text output with animations
From: Jellby
Date: 29 Dec 2004 15:06:51
Message: <41d30e5a@news.povray.org>
Among other things, GrimDude wrote:

>>  Processing Frame 25 of 11
>
> I think it's always been like that. It makes perfect sense to me and I
> don't see a reason it should be changed.

Perhaps the phrasing could be more clear, something like

    Processing frame 25 (1 of 11)
or
    Processing frame 25 of 35 (started on 25)

Take another example, say I have an animation of 200 frames and I render
only the last 150. Then I see:

  Processing frame 130 of 150

How many frames are left? Do I have to remember that there are 200 frames
and I started on number 51?
If this happens to you, aren't you be surprised when after "frame 150 of
150" the render doesn't stop and "frame 151 of 150" starts? If you say
"no", I guess this qualifies for a "you know you've been raytracing for too
long when..." item :-P

Anyway, it's just a minor issue, I just found the time to talk about it, but
it's not a big deal :-)

--

            / /\
Linux user / /  \